Saturday, July 20, 2013

Polls, polls, Polleverywhere.com!

Now, this Web 2.2 tool has me really excited! Last school year, my third grade teammates and I applied for a grant to purchase one of those fancy remote control answering sets. Whatever the reason, we did not get the grant. I was very bummed. I think those things can be wonderful to check for understanding as you are delivering your lesson.

However, we did learn from our district that every class is going to get a number of iPads. This opens up a whole lot of web tools that we'll be able to use with our students. I was so excited that I forgot the grant we did not get for a while.

Fast forward to my ECAP work this summer and the requirement to study collaboration web tool: Here it is, this little gem of a website, which will allow me to use the iPads as I had wanted to use the clickers: PollEverywhere. it seems to perform precisely the same function I had envisioned, and it is free! What is not to love? Yeeepeee!! I will do a test run and report back once I am able to use it in my classroom.

Long live the Web!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment